POSTAL SUPPORT EMPLOYEE SENIORITY
PSE HEALTH PLAN INFORMATION BROCHURE
2013 APWU NEGOTIATED PSE RIGHTS AND BENEFITS
Welcome all Postal Support Employees (PSE’S) to the Southwest Florida Area Local, APWU. Our Local APWU Office is located at 11000 Metro Pkwy. Suite 8 Fort Myers, Florida 33966.
Our office phone number is (239)823-2798, Fax (239-275-3687.
Through our National APWU negotiations in 2010, we were successful in negotiating the position of Postal Support Employee (PSE) and eliminate the position of casual employee (which had no Union protection or benefits). PSE’s have limited benefits and union protection. Although the not perfect, the creation of the Postal Support Employee allows the framework for future negotiations to improve the position and it’s benefits.
Here is a brief summary of wages and contractual entitlements of PSE’s.
PS Grade 3 4 5 6 7 8
12.24 12.63 14.01 14.89 15.83 16.17
Increased premium for working between 6PM to 6AM
PS Grade 3 4 5 6 7 8
.92 .93 1.05 1.12 1.19 1.21
Contractual Wage Increases: 7% increase over life of contract
November 17, 2012, the hourly rates were increase by 2.0%.
November 16, 2013, the hourly rates shall be increased by 2.5% of the 2011 rates.
November 15, 2014, the hourly rates shall be increased by 2.5% of the 2011 rates.
(All percentage increases are applied to the wage rates in effect at the beginning of the contract.)
Work Hour Guarantee
Two hour work or pay guarantee when scheduled to report to work.
Higher level Pay for Higher Level Work
PSE’s compensated for type of work actually performed.
Enforcement of Overtime Provisions
Time and one-half of straight time rate in excess of 40 hours.
Annual Leave Accrual
1 hour for every 20 hours of work up to 4 hours accrual per pay period.
Unused Leave Cash In
Employees receive a lump sum payment for any earned leave during their break in service.
Job Security Provisions
Termination prior to expiration of term (other than lack of work) must be for cause. Must have a reason to terminate PSE’s and there must be an investigation and written notification of termination. Terminated PSE’s have a right to file grievances.
Re-appointment by Seniority
When separated due to lack of work, re-appointment will be by PSE seniority.
Holiday Scheduling Rights and Provisions
Pecking order in accordance with the Local Memorandum Of Understanding (LMOU).
Health Benefits after One Year
After their first 360 day term, PSE’s can sign up for health benefits.
The Postal Service will make a contribution in the amount of 75% of the total premium for any PSE who selects the
APWU Consumer Driven Health Plan.
(At 2013 rates, coverage would cost $43.65 per biweekly pay period for Self only, or $98.20 per biweekly pay period for Self and Family. Rates may be adjusted yearly.)
The CDHP for Self and Family provides a $2,400.00 Personal Care Account (PCA) of which $800.00 may be used for dental or optical, with no deductible. Once the PCA is exhausted, members have access to co-insurance to protect against catastrophic occurrences, with an out-of-pocket ceiling.
Some routine and preventive care is covered in-network, at no extra charge.
The CDHP for Self is similar, with a $1,200.00 PCA with $400.00 available for dental or optical.
Learn more about the APWU Consumer Driven Plan at apwuhp.com.
Preferred choice will be in accordance with the rules of the LMOU.
Representation in the Grievance Procedure
PSE’s have the right to file under the applicable articles relating to PSE employees.
Enforcement of the Family and Medical Leave Act
Once eligible for FMLA, PSE rights will be monitored and enforced by the Union. To be eligible, an employee needs 365 non-consecutive days of employment and 1250 work hours from the previous year.
PSE’s Cannot be forced to use their own personal vehicles while on the clock.
PSE’s are entitled to leave sharing, leave without pay, and leave provisions for blood and organ donations.
Enforcement of Rights under Workers Compensation
Protections if PSE’s are injured on the job.
Path to Career Job
PSE’s will be normally be appointed to career jobs by seniority.
Preferential Career Appointments
PSE’s will be appointed to career positions prior to the hiring of new applicants.
PSE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (APWU)
USPS/APWU JOINT CONTRACT INTERPRETATION MANUAL
PSE OVERTIME CALCULATIONS
HOW TO READ YOUR PAY STUB
APWU PSE RIGHTS & BENEFITS BROCHURE
PSE DISCIPLINE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
PSE HEALTH PLAN POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
HOW AND WHEN PSE'S ENROLL FOR HEALTH BENEFITS
PSE HOURLY WORK RATES
On behalf of the Executive Board and Members of the Southwest Florida Area Local - American Postal Workers Union (SWFAL-APWU), I welcome all Postal Support Employees (PSE's) to the APWU Bargaining Unit.
It is our goal to educate PSE's, and help them easily find information that pertain to the benefits negotiated for them by the APWU. If you are not yet a member, please contact a Union Steward or click on the link below to become one.. Also share our page to let other PSE's know their rights.
Sam Wood - President Southwest Florida Area Local - APWU
JOIN THE APWU TODAY (MAIL IN FORM)
USPS CALL IN NUMBER AND PROCEDURES
SEARCH FOR USPS JOB POSITIONS (BY STATE)
ORIGINAL 2011 PSE INFORMATION & CONTRACT (CBA)
PSE VOLUNTARY TRANSFERS
1. A PSEs clerk may request reassignment to a vacant PSE clerk position in another installation by submitting a written request to the installation head. There is no lock in period the PSE must satisfy before being eligible to make a request for reassignment.
2. PSEs clerks may not reassign across craft lines.
3. Reassignment is at the installation head’s discretion. If approved, the reassignment will be processed without a break in service effective at the beginning of a pay period on a date mutually agreeable to the installation heads of both the gaining and losing installations;
4. The PSE clerk must be qualified on the appropriate entrance exam for the vacancy;
5. Upon reassignment, the PSE clerk will begin a new standing on the PSE rolls at the gaining installation and may be noncompetitively reappointed at the end of their term after a 5 day break in service;
6. The reassignment will not impact the employee’s eligibility to elect health insurance under the Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB) program, and the reassigned employee will not be given more than a five-day break in-service solely to deprive that employee of eligibility under FEHB;
7. Reassignment may be to a higher grade, lower grade or same grade PSE clerk position, and there is no change to the end-of-term date;
8. If management determines an operational need to involuntarily reassign a PSE clerk to another installation, and there is more than one PSE clerk in the losing installation, management will reassign the PSE clerk with the least standing. If a PSE clerk in the losing installation with a higher standing on the rolls desires to accept reassignment to another installation in lieu of the PSE clerk with the least standing on the rolls, and submits the request in writing to the installation head, the request will be honored.
FLORIDA SEMINAR PSE INFORMATION
PSE LOANING TO OTHER INSTALLATIONS
PSE INFORMATION FROM LAS VEGAS 2013
PSE POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
2016 PSE CONTRACT HIGHLIGHTS & TIMEFRAMES
APWU NATIONAL PSE UPDATES
Double click to edit
USPS NON CAREER EMPLOYEE HEALTH PLAN